What our clients ask

Back to questions list

I am Mexican by birth and my children were born abroad. What proceedings (procedures, formalities and/or paperwork) do they need to carry out in order to obtain Mexican nationality?

Mexicans by birth are those individuals born abroad from Mexican parents who were born within national territory, from a Mexican father who was born within national territory, or from a Mexican mother who was born within national territory. As such, it is recommended that your children’s birth certificates be registered with the State Office of Vital Records (Registro Civil del Estado), so that they may be able to evidence their nationality when applying for passports or voter identification cards.

Do you want to ask us anything? Please feel free to do so.