What our clients ask

Back to questions list

I live abroad and I need to grant a power of attorney to a Mexican national in order for that person to perform certain proceeding and investments in my name. Is the power of attorney granted abroad valid?

Yes, provided you obtain an Apostille (a legal way to authenticate a document for international use under the terms of the 1961 Hague Convention). In other words, while abroad, you may grant a power of attorney, and your signature must be certified by a duly authorized notary.  In turn, in order for the signature of the duly authorized notary to be accepted as valid and official in Mexico, it must have the certification of the foreign authority (Apostille).


Do you want to ask us anything? Please feel free to do so