What our clients ask

Back to questions list

I am of Mexican nationality by birth and I married a foreigner of United States nationality. What proceedings (procedures, formalities and/or paperwork) does my husband have to carry out in order to obtain Mexican nationality?

Your husband must prove he has resided and lived by common consent in the marital home, establishing said domicile within national territory for the two years immediately prior to the date of the application for Mexican nationality by naturalization.

Residency in national territory shall be evidenced by the FM2 visa (Immigration Form) with the status of “inmigrante” (temporary resident) or the immigration form with the status of permanent resident (“inmigrado”), issued by the Ministry of the Interior through the National Institute of Migration.

Do you want to ask us anything? Please feel free to do so.